The “Research Centre for the History of Broadcasting in Northern Germany” analyses media historical processes in a so-called “long century of mass media” from the 1880s up to now.
Beyond that a matter of concern is the transfer of media historical research to the public.
Current research projects of the “Research Centre” are:
- Entangled Media Histories (EMHIS)
- Mediated public communication from the 1950s to the 1980s
- Sounds like… Sounds of the past and historical communication processes
- Media Memory: Communication about the past
- Research Network: Communicative Figurations